Monday, May 9, 2011

May 9th

Today was our last class!!  We just did a long drawing of the model the whole class and I LOVED the view that I had.  A great way to end the class!  I don't know why, but I really like being able to work on the back of the model.  Maybe it just seems easier?  No idea haha.


I'm not the quickest drawer in the world, so I may not have accomplished as much as other people did, but I at least got to draw some of the key points of the figure.  I did my egg for the ribcage and then the butterfly for the pelvis (that's what I think of it as haha), and went on from there.  I also got to spend a little more time on the leg muscles, especially right around the back of the knees.  I really thought that even by just adding these few lines, it helped to make the drawing look so much more polished.

I didn't spend very much time on the arms at all, because the arms just really don't intrigue me all that much.  So I just got them done pretty quickly and focused more on the lower half of the model.

I'm pretty pleased with this drawing, though!  I went over some of my long drawings from the beginning of the semester just for fun, and wow!  I have gotten so much better, it's unreal.  Not that I think I'm great by any means, but I just really sucked at the beginning of this class haha.  I'm getting nervous to draw the self-portrait, but I'm starting that soon.  Scared to see what it will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment