Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 18th - April 22nd

This week, we still worked on the hands for a couple of class periods.  On Monday we were still doing either the skeleton or the model's hand, but on Wednesday we got together as a group and had the model hold a bowl while we drew her hands.  This is the image from that drawing session.


I was actually pretty far away from the model on this day, so I don't think that I perfectly captured the look of the model's hands, but I think that I did a relatively good job considering how much of a distance there was between me and her hands.  The only parts that I'm really not sure about are the middle finger and the relationship between the size of her wrist and the size of her hand.  She looks like she either has baseball mitts for hands or like she has the wrists of a 7-year-old.  Now, she is a skinny model, but she's not THAT skinny haha.  I'm not completely upset about it, because the focus of this drawing was the hand, but it still would have been nice to get that relationship correct.

I decided to use a little shading again today, because the shadows that were being cast on the hands were just too good not to at least show them a little bit.  Plus, I thought that maybe if I added a little value that it would be a nice way of showing some of the muscles and showing the plane changes between some of the bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment