Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 21st-25th

This week we completely switched everything up and we went from working on the legs and feet to starting to talk about the back/arms/shoulders.  I was really really sick this whole week and ended up only able to go to any of my classes on Monday, so I only have one image of my long drawing from Monday.



I thought it was pretty complicated at first trying to find some of the muscles, but after putting the muscles on the maniken it made it a little easier knowing where they were.  And as long as there is a good enough light source, it makes it easier when you can see the shadows.  In this particular image, I was having a hard time with the foreshortening of the elbow, but after Amy came around and showed me how to think of it as a rectangle, it made it a lot easier.  I've also been trying to play with the line weights in order to show depth in a work that is primarily line drawing.  The one area, however, that I know I should've adjusted was right around the breast.  I tried to make the line darker to show how it was laying and folding over itself, but I think I may have made the line too dark and it doesn't look quite as realistic as it could.

Well, since I was really sick this whole week I don't have a whole lot to say as I was only there for two hours this week.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment